If anything, I just need prayer. A lot has been going on and I needed to let off some steam. below is what I needed to get off my chest. To come to terms with and to find peace in. It may be hard to follow as it is stream of consciousness but this is the real me.
Dear God,
I’m hurting a lot right
now. I know you have so much for me, even though I deserve none of it, and yet
I find myself growing bitter and angry at you. I feel that I am seeking you
with my full heart only to feel disappointment when things go against what I
thought was your plan. I understand that this falls on me, for not seeking your
wisdom nor for allowing you to guide me but I’m still mad, because now as I sit
here waiting for you to guide me into my dream, I see it being taken a hold of
by someone else. I see you handing over the keys of what I want to someone
else. You remind me that you love me, and that it’s not the best thing for me,
and yet I’m mad.
I am so bitter, I’m
taking it out on my sisters in Christ and throwing my emotions around. I’m up
and down, and ultimately I’m lost. I’m losing sight of you. This disease, this
bitterness, has grown. It is taking hold of my heart and I just want it gone. I
want what you have for me. I don’t like the waiting but I understand there is a
reason, and yet, I’m mad. My friends quote scripture, and you pour out wisdom
but all I want to do is scream. Is tell you that I’m sick of this. I’m sick of
this waiting. I’m sick of having my heart thrown around. I’m sick of feeling
like I’m listening to a lie. I’m tired of thinking that you are just my
imagination at work. I’m sick of being sick. I know all the right words right
now and yet they mean nothing.
How can I find joy in
this season? How am I to find peace when my heart roars for something more?How
can I walk by faith, when you have given me nothing? How can I have thought any
of this? How do I fight this pain, that I have placed upon myself?
God I am mad. I’m mad at
you. I know I shouldn’t be. I don’t want to be. I just hurt. I know that I have
been attacked. That as I have sought you out the enemy has sought me out. I see
how he is trying to pull me away from my perfect, heavenly father. I see that I
have been blaming you. I don’t want that anymore. I want you.
I want to have hope and
peace, I want my dreams fulfilled. I want love and guidance. All I need is you.
I know there is a reason for this waiting. There is a reason for all the pain I
have suffered through. I know you wish to show the world how you have healed
me. That the scars that I carry, are testimonies of the healing you have done in
my life; that the wounds have been healed. God I know pieces of what you have
for me, but more than that I know what you have for me is good. I just have to
trust you.
I don’t want to be mad. I
don’t want to be angry. I want to come to you, and speak with a whole heart to
you. I want to let you know How much I love you for how far I have come, and
where you are taking me. I want to let you know that I am sorry. Please forgive
me for believing that you could be anything less that who you are. God I love
you. I need your strength to get through this and more than that God I need
you. You are the one and only thing that matters. You are here with me in this
moment, as much as I want to know everything else you have for me, and that’s all
I need to know.
I’m not mad anymore. I’m
at peace and have joy. I guess I needed to do was write you this incoherent
letter. So that you could remind me of whom you are and who I am.
Father God, please forgive
me. I pray that you are the only voice inside of my head. That in the name of
your son Jesus Christ, the lies, doubts, and fears, would be expelled from my
mind under the power of the Holy Spirit. Spirit I thank you for being the counselor
in this moment; delivering love and peace directly into my heart, and for
speaking to God on my behalf. Jesus I apologize for not recognizing that your
sacrifice, that your death and resurrection is all I need to to remember how
much you love me. God I’m sorry for thinking that you are anything less that a
perfect sovereign God. God I love you. I pray all these things in the name of
your son Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love,
Nate
“We
walk by faith, not by sight” – 2
Corinthians 5:7
“Blessed
is the man who perseveres under trial for those who withstand the test will
receive the crown of life that god has promised to those that love him.” –
James 1:12
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God,
with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness,
rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind
and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God
forgave you." – Ephesians 4:30-32
“There's a moment in the morning
When I feel the most alone
But then I hear your voice whispering my name
It's like a wave of understanding
And I never could have planned it
Where the questions and doubts all fade away”
When I feel the most alone
But then I hear your voice whispering my name
It's like a wave of understanding
And I never could have planned it
Where the questions and doubts all fade away”
- Thousand Foot Krutch, "All I Need to
Know"
"Do everything without grumbling or
arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, 'children of God without
fault in a warped and crooked generation.' Then you will shine among them like
stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be
able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain." -
Philippians 2:14-16
“And we know that in all things God works for
the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
– Romans 8:28
“But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I
wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.” – Micah 7:7
And you created me, something I would’ve never seen
When I can only see the floor, you made my window a door
So when they say they don’t believe, I hope that they see you and me
After all the lights go down, I’m just the words you are the sound
A strange type of chemistry, how you’ve become a part of me
And when I sit alone at night, your thoughts burn through me like a fire
You’re the only one who knows, who I really am
- Thousand Foot Krutch, "Be Somebody"
No comments:
Post a Comment